Last update: April 2021
Who are we and what do we do?
Privacy and relevant legislation
We care about your privacy. We comply with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which replaced various privacy laws in European Member States as of 25 May 2018 and with the Dutch Telecommunications Act (Telecommunicatiewet, DTA). This legislation will be referred to hereinafter as the Relevant Legislation.
Which personal data do we collect and for which purposes do we use them?
We can collect various sorts of personal data of you when you use our Website, App and/or Services:
Why can we process your personal data?
There are several grounds from the Relevant Legislation on the basis of which we are allowed or required to process your personal data:
- Consent: For sending newsletters and direct marketing through email, push notifications and other channels we request your permission. This permission can also easily be withdrawn through the unsubscribe link in each newsletter.
- Performance of the agreement: We process your general information, payment information, social information and electronic identifiers to provide our Services to you as a user.
- Legal obligation: We are required to store certain general information and payment data in our records for Tax Authorities, such as invoice data, IP address, bank account details, phone number and your country of residence.
- Legitimate interest: For processing general information, payment information, social information and electronic identifiers, in order to log user activities to identify and prevent unlawful use of the account and Services.
Are under the age of sixteen?
If you are younger than sixteen years, you are not allowed to register your profile on our Websites or Apps. This is because the law (GDPR) gives us strict rules on the personal data of minors.
How long do we keep the personal data?
It is our policy to store and process personal data that is essential in providing you with the best service possible. We do not store or process personal data we don’t use.
We keep the personal data as long as we need them for the purposes stated above:
- Personal data in our accounting records for Tax Authorities are stored for at least 10 years after you have bought or sold on our Platform;
- Personal data we process to prevent (users that have committed) fraud we store for at least 5 years after your last login.
All other personal data used within the context of your account we store for 3 years after your last login. If your account is inactive we will send you a notification after 3 years and remove your account and personal data if your account remains inactive. We will remove your personal data if you delete your account as well.
Do we share your personal data with others?
TicketSwap does not sell, trade or rent personal data to third parties. We make use of “Data Processors” however to assist us in our Services. Within this context these Data Processors receive personal data from us which they process by our order. By means of “Data Processing Agreements” we contractually obligate all the Data Processors we work with, not to process the personal data for any other purpose than as instructed by us. These Data Processors are required to follow our instructions strictly. They will, therefore, not use the personal data for their own purposes. We will verify that all our Data Processors comply with the Relevant Legislation.
We may transfer personal data outside the EU, if one of our Data Processors is established outside the EU. The personal data will only be transmitted to countries and/or parties offering an adequate level of protection which meets the European standards. We will check inter alia whether an organization outside the EU is listed in the Privacy Shield List and whether the level of protection of the third country has been approved by the European Commission. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Program, see here.
Transfer of data outside the EU will always be in accordance with the Relevant Legislation (such as Article 76(1) of the Dutch Data Protection Act – replaced as per 25 May 2018 by Chapter 5 of the GDPR).
The Data Processors we use for the processing of the personal data are listed in Annex 1.
We may share generic aggregated data with our business partners and trusted affiliates. In such cases the data will be fully anonymized.
How do we protect personal data?
We protect all personal data we process from unauthorized and unlawful access, alteration, disclosure, use and destruction. For instance, we take among other things the following technical and organizational measures to protect the personal data:
- Security of our network connections through Secure Socket Layer (SSL);
- The (access to) data is secured with passwords and two factor authentication;
- All new employees are trained about data privacy during onboarding;
- Periodic training about data privacy to all employees;
- Restricted access to databases containing personnel information to senior employees;
- Pre-employment background screening of all employees.
You can find (hyper)links on our Website which link to the websites of partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors or other third parties. We do not have control of the content or links which appear on these websites and we are not responsible for the practices of websites linked to or from our Website. Furthermore, these websites, including their content and links, may constantly change. These websites may have their own privacy policies, user terms and customer policy. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which are linked to or from our Website, are subject to the terms and conditions and policy of such website.
We use the following types of cookies:
Technical cookies: Technical cookies are essential to the operation of our Website. They allow you to navigate through our Website and to use the functions incorporated in it.
Analytical or statistical cookies: Analytical cookies are used to check the quality and effectiveness of the Website. For instance, we can see how many users visit the Website and which pages are visited. We use this information to improve our Website and Services.
Tracking cookies: Tracking-cookies monitor the click and surf behaviour of our visitors. By means of these cookies we can see whether and when you look at your profile and whether you click through to our Website. We may also use these cookies to show you ads based on your interests. For more information about cookie tracking used for advertisements customized to your interests and how you can opt-out to these cookies you can use Your Online Choices or Cookiebot.
If you do not want cookies to be sent to your computer, you can change this in the cookie settings of your browser. Please note that some of the functions or services of our Website may not operate, or not so well, without cookies. If you want to opt-out from tracking cookies, click here:
Your rights and our contact data
As laid down in the Relevant Legislation, you have the right to:
- Access a copy of the personal data we process of yours. You can find a copy of the personal information we process of you here;
- Ask us to rectify, review or remove your personal data from our systems;
- Object to our processing of your personal data;
- File a complaint with your National Data Protection Authority, if you believe that we process your personal data unlawfully. See here a list of all National Data Protection Authorities in the European Union.
Please note that you can also edit or delete your personal data by logging in to your personal account.
If you want to exercise your aforementioned rights or when you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding the manner in which we handle your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer through the contact data below. We will do our best to respond to any of the above requests within 30 days.
acting under the name TicketSwap
No. Chamber of Trade and Industry: 59084952
VAT number: NL8533.10488.B01
Telephone: +31 20 308 06 76
The Data Processors we use for the processing of personal data in order to deliver our Services are listed hereunder: